Learn how to use acupressure for natural pain relief in labour
What is acupressure?
Hello, I am Siân and I am an acupuncturist. Acupressure is the firm, constant application of pressure to specific points on the body. Having effectively used acupressure for pain relief in my own labour, and hearing the positive feed back from those I have taught, I feel passionate about passing this simple knowledge onto others. Not only did it aid my own positive experience in labour, it also helped my partner feel confident supporting me. You can read more about my experience. I am now teaching monthly workshops to help others learn how to use it.
Benefits of using acupressure in labour
- Acupressure is an effective, non-invasive, and easily applicable technique to reduce labor pain
- It empowers the laboring woman and gives practical useful techniques for her birth partner to ease discomfort during labour
- A hands on technique, it can be used in combination with other methods
- Women have reported it halved the intensity of their contractions.
What you will learn:
- You will learn how to effectively locate and apply pressure to the acupressure points and consider positions you are able to access them from
- Learn which points can be used when for maximum benefit
- Give you confidence in using acupressure in labour.
Held monthly on Sunday mornings
2015 dates: 18 October 2015, 15 November 2015, 13 December 2015
Cost: £25 per couple